The Hot Nurse

taken from moko.cc/xiaoyo
During my CNY break, I met a hot nurse at a private hospital in Kuching.
With more conservative clothing than the lady above albeit Malaysian style: blue & covering everything. But with similar allure & seductiveness.
She had an extremely pretty face that looked really pretty even with very little makeup on.
Her hair was neatly bundled in a bun & her uniform was body-hugging, clean-pressed & neat.
She was slim, around 160cm tall & was well-rounded in all the right places.
With regards to looks. She was a 10 out of 10! A rare find!
Here's the story!

It was late Friday morning & it was supposed to be a simple day where I drove my mom around town & dropped myself off at the heavenly Bing! Coffee to do my marking. (I always seem to have a lot of those to do. Note to self: Tell students to write with more quality instead of quantity.)
I hauled a whole lot of them (20 big as long books) all the way back from the jungle so it would make good sense to at least mark some of it. (BTW I didn't mark even a single word.)
It would seem that my tradition of bringing work home for the holidays & never actually doing it would continue because, right after finishing our errands, my mom's phone rang.
My sister's friend called to inform us that my sister was rushed to the A&E at a private hospital due to chronic stomach pain.

We arrived to see her distressed friends & a concerned parent.
My mother filled the admission forms & there were exchanges of diagnosis from unqualified doctor-wannabes.
I observed my sister & the ward where she was placed in. I knew instantly that this was not urgent & it would be a big waste of time & money.

She was in a lot of pain. I could see it from the contortions on her deathly blood-drained face.
I've seen this exact same thing too many times with hostel students who do not eat vegetables & fruits or drink enough water.
I kept my mouth shut even though I wanted so much to suggest an enema.
After thanking her friends, they left & we sat down. My sister soon went to sleep.
My mom told me that she'd wait for the diagnosis. I was free to leave to do my marking.
I was about to go when I saw... her.

It was her shiny gentle eyes that caught my attention. Then, I noticed her pretty face. Her nose was adorable. Her skin soft & smooth. She was truly a sight to behold.
Then, I noticed the curves on her body & how her body-fit uniform complements her slender figure.
Her beauty took me by surprise. I stared like a deer in the headlights.
I only woke up when my mom jabbed me & reminded me that it was okay for me to go.
Embarrassed, I hid my face in my Men's Health magazine.
My mom kept pushing me to go. I kept saying no.
In the end, I told her I was staying because 有美女好看 there's a pretty girl to see.
She asked where. I waited for the hot nurse to appear, pointed & then said NEH.
Then, my mother got another phone call.

It was my other sister calling from home asking about dinner.
My mother gave instructions but was worried that my sister could not handle the twists & turns of Chinese cooking.
Then, it was my turn to push. I told my mom to go home & prepare dinner.
She did.
I also told her to bring me a bottle of water while she was at it.
She did that too.

After my mom had gone, I continued reading my magazine while waiting for my sister's blood test to come back from the lab.
As I sat there & read, the hot nurse kept walking by me.
I was sitting on a bench at a corridor between reception & the wards so nurses would walk past constantly.
She would be all busy walking here & there doing this & that.
As she walked past, I couldn't help but steal a glance at her.
I caught her stealing glances at me a few times too. Or maybe I'm just perasan.

I tried to read her nametag &, after a few attempts, I managed to make out what her name was. From the name, I deduced that she was Malay + Chinese.
I sat there & continued to read my magazine. She continued to do her work.
I wanted to talk to her so bad but I was too chicken to even get caught looking at her. That was when I knew I could fall in love with her.

After 2 hours of sitting there & reading, I could tell that she was open to me... & so was a doctor (a fat dude who was probably not gay) who kept staring at me wide eyed with a knowing smile.
I was about to talk to her a few times but I was too nervous & didn't move from my seat.
There & then, I decided that by the end of the day I absolutely MUST ask her out.

I waited for the right moment to approach her but it didn't come.
There would always be someone else there or she would walk too fast or she'd be too stressed. I found all sorts of dumb excuses to keep myself from getting rejected.
Then, my mom returned & that was the end of it.
I wouldn't want to hit on a girl in front of my mom now, would I?

But I couldn't stop thinking about her.
After sitting there with my mom for what seemed like an eternity, I decided to just do it.
She was at the reception counter filling in some forms. I stood up & walked over to her. I was getting really nervous inside.
Oh, sheet! Her colleagues (including the doctor & don't forget the patients) were there too!
No turning back now...

"Hi."
No response.
"Uh, hello..."
"Yes?" without even looking up to acknowledge me.
"Hi, erm... I know this was is going to come coming out of the the blue (I was stammering like nobody's business. Dank! And I thought that I was a smooth talker.) I was wonder wondering if you wu would like to have have coffee with me some time?"
She smiled, looked at me & looked back at the papers. Thinking.

"If you're married or attached, I can understand if you say no."
Still smiling, enjoying the attention, looked at her colleagues & thinking.
"I mean no pressure. Just two people having coffee & having a good time."
Thinking... Then, "I don't know."
"It's simple. Yes or no?"
Thinking... Then, she said...
"Yes." She said YES!! I could have jumped for joy!

"Could I have like like your phone number?"
"Are you Chinese?"
"Yes."
"But I'm Malay."
"I honestly don't mind."
"Okay. 01*-********" And I had to flip out an unimpressive Nokia C1. I wish I had invested in an iPhone. Probably a deal killer right there.

"When are you free? When do you get off?"
"Let me check my roster."
Waited for her to check at the boards behind reception.
"Why don't you give me a miss call & I'll let you know?"
"Okay, I'll send you send you a messa text." Then, I rejoined my mom who seem oblivious to the monumental transaction that just took place.
We continued waiting. While waiting, I could hear her colleagues discussing & laughing about what happened.
Eventually my sister got discharged. I couldn't find the hot nurse to say goodbye when I left.

The hospital did a blood test, a urine test & couldn't come up with a conclusive diagnosis. They just said that she could go home already.
Citing an increased white blood cell count from the blood test, the doctor concluded that it was probably a minor virus infection.
Her 1 afternoon stay at the A&E + 1 IV drip + 1 blood test + 1 urine test + consultation + stomach ache pills = RM280.
I think I should have been a doctor. Then, I'd make a lot of money from stomach aches & date hot nurses.

Anyway, let me tell you that this was a failed romance.
I met her on a Friday & I had to leave on the following Sunday. I only had 1 day. Saturday. The next time I'd be back was in March.
Immediate contact is a no-no for any guy/girl who is serious about the other. Leaving her out in the cold until March was too long & not a good option too.
I thought that she worth giving it a shot.
What have I got to lose anyway?

I texted her once that night & twice the next morning. No reply.
I was planning to take her out for lunch so I finally called at around 10.30am.
"Hi there. Is this ********?"
"No."
"huh? I mean ********."
"No. I think you got the wrong number."
It was her voice & her accent.
"Are you ******** binti ****?"
"No. Who is that?"

I thought about it for a moment. Perhaps she needed more reassuring that I'm not a playboy. She didn't hang up. She picked up pretty quickly. I could push her & persuade her. I could fight for her. She seemed like a really nice person. Besides, she's got an exterior worth dying for.
"That's okay then. Thanks for talking to me. Goodbye."
 I decided to be fair to her. I let her go.

What have I got to offer her but long waits for a man who would disappear into an unknown land & be out of contact for long periods of time.
I don't have money. I don't have a title. I don't even have a smart phone. All I have are my charms & a simple life. Plus loads & loads of passion.
But is that enough for a woman? Was that enough for her?

She changed her mind & broke her promise.
I did not feel any spite. I understood her position very clearly. We were probably too different to ever hit it off anyway.
I mourned my loss but I wanted it to be her gain.
I sent her one last message talking about how she impressed me. I paid her a compliment & wished her well.
Then, I deleted her number & all my messages.
She was gone.

It was probably never meant to be in the first place.
I believe I'll find my special someone... one day.

Popular posts from this blog

What To Do When Your Unifi Service Suddenly Drops

Understanding The New SPM (2021) English 1119 Paper Format

The Millennial Trains Project: A Transcontinental Conference On Tracks

Explained: The Low SPM Passing Grade Table

My CPT Results